1. draw a blank = not know the answer
I'm afraid I'm drawing a blank. I just don't know what to do.
Who is that person over there? I'm drawing a blank.
2. draw a line between something and something else = distinguish between two things
You should draw a line between your private life and work.
Some people have a hard time drawing a line between friends and family.
3. draw blood = cause someone to bleed
He drew blood during his last five boxing matches.
Don't worry, I didn't draw any blood!
4. draw interest = create interest, become popular
Any time a new movie comes out, you'll see articles in magazines trying to draw interest to the movie.
His crazy comments drew interest during the presidential campaign.
5. draw someone out = ask questions in order to get someone to speak in detail about something
Make sure to ask her lots of questions. It's hard to draw her out and she'll try to keep everything secret.
If you keep asking questions, you can draw anyone out on almost any subject.
6. draw fire away from something = create a distraction so that people don't pay attention to something else
I'd like you to go out and draw fire away from the institution. Do anything you can? We can't have people looking into this matter too deeply.
Politicians don't answer direct questions in order draw fire away from something that has gone wrong.
7. draw something to a close = begin finishing a process
Let's draw this meeting to a close by reviewing decisions we've made.
If you don't mind, I'd like to draw dinner to a close. I've got an early flight tomorrow.
8. draw something up = create a contract, proposal, report, etc.
Now that we've agreed. Let's draw a contract up and get to work.
Could you draw up a proposal for next week's meeting?
9. draw the line at something = to set the limit of tolerance
I'm afraid I draw the line at speaking poorly of my friends.
If you were in a difficult position, would you draw the line at breaking the law to resolve your situation?
10. draw to a close = end something
Thank you Mary. And with that, our presentation draws to a close. Thank you for coming this evening.
I'd like to draw the class to a close. Remember to do your homework for Monday.
Idioms with Draw Quiz
Use one of the 10 idioms with 'draw' to complete the blanks. Be careful to use the correct form of the verb 'draw'. (draw, drawing, drew)
从上面提到的十个关于draw的习语中选择一个来填空。注意要使用动词draw的正确形式。(draw, drawing, drew)
1. The new actor from South Africa is _________. I think she'll be a huge success.
2. I'd like you to _________ a contract by the end of next week.
3. The politician _________ at the death penalty.
4. If you can _________ from my scandal, I'll make sure you get all of my business for the next two years.
5. I don't know answer. I'm _________.
6. I'd like to _________ the meeting _________. Thank you all for coming.
7. Ask her as many questions as you can, so you can _________. She's a fox!
8. I promise I didn't _________ when I hit him!
1. drawing interest
2. draw up
3. drew the line at / draws the line at
4. draw fire away
5. drawing a blank
6. draw the meeting to a close
7. draw her out
8. draw blood
以上便是澳大利亚中小学入学考试网的相关内容，AEAS是Australian Education Assessment Service, 澳大利亚教育评估服务机构的简称,成立于1985年，30年来一直致力于为准备进入澳大利亚初高中学习的国际学生提供高水平的综合性测试服务。是不是知晓了很多关于澳洲留学的信息了呢?如果你想关注更多关于AEAS考试备考、AEAS在线培训等信息，关注澳大利亚中小学入学考试网可以了解更多的内容。