1. This rock has to be _______ in order to build a road.
2. He did not go to the party last night, which _______ her feelings deeply.
3. When they returned to the river, they found that the boat had _______ away.
4. If you need further information, please _______ our office.
5. During the war, many soldiers were killed not by _______, but by disease.
6. We watched the ship until it became only a _______ in the distance.
7. The English proverb ‘_______ the rod and spoil the child’ means that if you deep from
punishing the child, you will spoil its character.
8. The _______ was only sentenced to pay a fine of $10,000.
9. Higher education in China is free but the _______ for entrance is strong.
10.The light is too _______ for me to read. I can not stand any more.
11.The water _______ from the tap and damaged all the books in my study.
12. In the United States, congress makes the laws and the President _______ them.
13. She is too _______ to answer questions in the class.
14. We enjoy seeing the glorious _______ of the rising sun.
15.In the _______ English reading course, the students have to read a lot.
16.He gave up his study in college in _______.
17.Several people _______ the car accident.
18.They will _______ the project with the necessary funds.
19.I took it for _______ that you wouldn’t come here again.
20.He was sent to London on a special _______.
21.This light shelf is strong enough to _______ all the books here.
22.The _______ Court is the highest court in the United States.
23.Our university has an international student exchange _______ with the University of Wyoming in the United States.
24.He ________ of me the best way to go.
25.Mr. White tried to _______ this job through the influence of his father.
1.A 2.C 3.D 4.C 5.A 6.D 7.D 8.D 9.C 10.D 11.A 12.C 13.C 14.A 15.A 16.D 17.A 18.D 19.C 20.C 21.D 22.D 23.D 24.B 25.D