1. add to增加，增进
add … to把…加进…
add up to总计，所有这一切说明
1) I don't think these facts will ________ anything.
2) Fifty new books have been ________ the library.
3) The music _________ our enjoyment of the film.
4) You must have made a mistake when you _______ the bill ________.
( add up to, added to, add to, added…up )
2. break away from打破，脱离，挣脱，改掉
break into pieces成为碎片
1) The criminal managed to break _______ ______ the police and ran into the woods.
2) When he heard the news, he broke _______ and cried.
3) Don't break ________ while others are speaking.
4) Why don't you break ________ for a few minutes and have some coffee?
5) When does school break ________?
6) After harvest we break _________ the soil with a tool pulled by two oxen.
( away from, down, in, off, up, up )
3. bring up抚养，呕吐，提出
1) The shopkeeper brought his price _________ to only five dollars.
2) The school has brought _________ new foreign teachers to teach oral English.
3) The song brought ___________ happy memories of our schooldays.
4) Do you know what brought ___________ this misunderstanding?
5) The kind old man agreed to bring __________ the young orphan.
6) We decided to bring the matter ___ at the next meeting.
7) The wind brought _______ a lot of trees last night.
8) Next month they will bring ________ a new edition of the book.
( down, in, back, about, up, up, down, out )
4. call on号召，拜访(某人)
call for去叫某人, 要求, 需要
call up使回忆起, 征召入伍
1) Doctors are often called _____ in the middle of the war.
2) Please wait for me at home. I'll call _______ you at your house at seven tonight.
3) The trains calls _______ several big cities between Beijing and Guangzhou.
4) He called her name __________, but she didn't answer.
5) The sports meet was called ____ on account of the rain.
( in, for, at, out, off)
5. come about发生，出现
come into (sight/being/existence/use/notice/effect)
come on来临/ 快点
come to达到 (an end/an agreement/a stop)苏醒，合计，总共是
1) I come _________ the book I lent you last month.
2) How did it come _________ that you both got lost? I thought you had a map.
3) It suddenly came _________ to me where I had seen the boy before.
4) Come __________ now, or else we shall be late.
5) He came __________ me like a tiger.
6) The price of petrol has come _________ since the beginning of this year.
7) The word came __________ use many years ago.
8) When the examination result came _________, he had already got a job.
9)The bill came __________ over a thousand dollars.
10) I sowed the seeds over a month ago, but they haven't come __________ yet.
( for, about, back, on, at, down, into, out, to, up )
6. cut across抄近路
1) Don't cut ___ this tree. It will be very shady in summer.
2) You must cut ________ the number of cigarettes you smoke, or it will cause illness.
3) We decided to cut _________ the moor(旷野) to the village.
4) Cutting the tree ____ means cutting the tree into pieces.
5) The electricity was cut ___________ when the lady refused to pay the bill.
6) We were having a pleasant conversation when Tom cut __________.
(down, down, across, up, off, in )