7. die of (disease/hunger/grief/old age)死于(疾病，饥饿，寒冷，情感原因)
8. fall behind落后
fall over one's feet 跌跤
1) Babies often fall _____ when they are learning to walk.
2) Our team seems to have fallen __________ the others.
3) As soon as the enemies fell __________, the people returned to their village.
4) She fell__________ the bench and had her leg broken.
(down, behind, back, over )
9. go in for从事，喜爱，参加
go all out全力以赴
go back on背约，食言
1) Many new factories have gone __ in the past few years.
2) Rents have gone __________ greatly recently.
3) Many years have gone ___________ since we first met.
4) Let's continue our journey until the sun goes _______.
5) His actions went ___________ the will of the people,
6) I can't do it, for it goes ___________ my duty.
7) Over 100 students went ____________ this entrance examination.
8) The bomb went ____________ and killed ten people.
9) The buyer went ___________ the car carefully before reaching a decision.
10) This tie doesn't go ___________ my blue shirt.
11) If you think you can solve the problem, go ______.
12) Many students went __________ playing basketball.
(up, up, by, down, against, beyond, through, off, over, with, ahead, in for )
10. get down下来，记下，使沮丧
get down to致力于，专心于
get along with进展，相处
get close to sth. 接近，几乎
get into (trouble)
get to (know)
1) She spoke so fast that I couldn't get ____ what he said.
2) We will find ways to get _________ difficulties.
3) The story has got __________, and everyone knows about it.
4) When I get _________ with the report, I'll go to the cinema.
5) After a delicious meal the two men got __________ to business.
6) Don't always get __________ a word when others are speaking.
7) It took me a long time to get ___________ such an unpleasant experience.
(down, over, round, through, down, in, over)
11. give away赠送，泄露，出卖
give in (to sb.) 屈服
1) His accent at last gave him __________.
2) The liquid gave ________ a strong smell.
3) The headmaster gave ___________ the names of the prize-winners.
4) The soldiers gave _________ the town to the enemies.
5) Who will help me to give the books ___________?
6) Don't believe in those who give his friends ________.
7) After a long walk, my strength gave ____________.
(away, off, out, up, out, away, out)
12. hand in交上，提交