1. Lord Kelvin was a great s_______________. He invented a lot of things for people.
2. No one could read this language until Jean had worked out its s_______________.
3. His books s_______________ very well at that time.
4. He wrote a letter and s_______________ it yesterday.
5. A good s_______________ of smell is useful if you work with any kind of food.
6. The two old women have taken each other's advice and s____________ many happy moments.
7. She is a s_______________ girl. She is afraid to answer questions in class.
8. --- What s_______________ of shoes do you wear? --- 38.
9. Being a reporter needs to have many s_______________.
10. A fire fighter with a good sense of s_______________ will always be safer than one without.
11. Light travels faster than s_______________.
12. At the party, a man made an s_______________ and people sang a few beautiful songs.
13. A reporter should be interested in many different things, s_______ as science, art and music.
14. He brought his s_______________ and went to the swimming pool.
15. He has t_______________ an interest in science.
16. We'll t _______________ a holiday as soon as school is finished.
17. He is an honest boy. He never t_______________ a lie.
18. I saw a t_______________ accident happen this morning.
19. English is a useful t_______________; we should work hard at it.
20. When we got to the t_______________ of the mountain, we were very tired.
1. scientist 2. secret 3. sold 4. sent 5. sense 6. shared 7. shy 8. size 9. skills 10. small
11. sound 12. speech 13. such 14. swimsuit 15. taken 16. take 17. tells 18. terrible 19. tool 20. top